SVA is committed to creating a safe space for students to have a real, in-person educational experience during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help mitigate the spread of the virus on campus, SVA will follow the Sick List and Quarantine Policy. Specific cases of coronavirus cannot be commented on, but will be dealt with according to policy and in consultation with the Virginia Department of Health.
The following data is a record of school-related cases for the 2021-2022 school year.
|Active Cases||Resolved Cases|
First Case: August 20, 2021 Updated: September 14, 2021
- Active cases - Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently in isolation.
- Resolved cases - Students who have completed isolation and are deemed not contagious.
- COVID exposure - The definition for exposure can be found on the CDC website.
- Quarantine - keeps someone who might have been exposed to the virus away from others
- Isolation - keeps someone who is infected with the virus away from others