Sick List and Quarantine Policy
Coronavirus Sick list and Quarantine Policy
- All students will be screened daily.
- Staff must pass a daily health self-screening
- All students on sick list will be required to comply with social distancing precautions.
- Students who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who are suspected by the nurse of possible COVID-19 infection (symptoms may include: fever above 100 degrees or chills, unexplained cough with shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste and/or smell, headache, unexplained fatigue, congestion or runny nose, gastrointestinal symptoms, and/or body aches) will be quarantined.
- Staff interacting with students who are in the quarantine area (providing meals, medical evaluation, medication etc.) will be in full personal protective equipment and will follow CDC guidelines.
- All staff will be required to follow the above policy and self-quarantine where applicable.
- Village students are required to follow the above policy and self-quarantine when applicable.
- If a village student develops symptoms while on campus, they must notify the nurse or an administrator and the student will be kept in a quarantine area until parents arrive.
- In keeping with the guidelines of the American Academy of Pediatrics and by Dr. Greene, Lord Fairfax Health District Director, we will not do mass or random screenings unless indicated.
- The school nurse and administration will work with parents and a medical doctor to determine when testing is appropriate.
If a student tests positive for coronavirus:
- When a student tests positive, he/she will be moved to a COVID isolation area.
- Parents of the infected student will be notified and asked to pick up their child immediately.
- The Virginia Department of Health will be notified and consulted to confirm procedures.
- CDC guidelines will be followed in assessing and quarantining others for potential exposure.
- All cases will be tracked and posted on our website (COVID-19 Cases).
- CDC/EPA guidelines for sanitizing will be followed