Google Workspace for Education
At Shenandoah Valley Academy, we use Google Workspace for Education, and we are seeking your permission to provide and manage a Google Workspace for Education account for your child. Google Workspace for Education is a set of education productivity tools from Google including Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Classroom, and more used by tens of millions of students and teachers around the world. At Shenandoah Valley Academy, students will use their Google Workspace for Education accounts to complete assignments, communicate with their teachers, sign into their Chromebooks, and learn 21st century digital citizenship skills.
The notice below provides answers to frequent questions about what Google can and cannot do with your child’s personal information, including:
- What personal information does Google collect?
- How does Google use this information?
- Will Google disclose my child’s personal information?
- Does Google use student personal information for users in K-12 schools to target advertising?
- Can my child share information with others using the Google Workspace for Education account?
Please read it carefully, let us know of any questions, and then sign to indicate that you have read the notice and give your consent. If you do not provide your consent, we will not create a Google Workspace for Education account for your child. Parents should understand that opting out could cause their student’s method of classroom instruction to be different than what he/she is accustomed to.